Mary Washington Healthcare is seeking a Clinic Pharmacist for a job in Fredericksburg, Virginia.
Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Pharmacist
- Discipline: Allied Health Professional
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Employment Type: Staff
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Clinical Specialist will focus on pharmaceutical care at the bedside, while providing pharmacokinetics and drug information services at MWH. The Pharmacy Clinical Specialist will participate in Committees in accordance with professional standards and practice. Using evidence based practice, the incumbent of this position will focus on the improvement of pharmaceutical processes, treatments, plans of care and other related interventions and makes recommendations to improve the delivery of high quality pharmaceutical care to the patient. This position must demonstrate a commitment of quality service to our patients, the public, physicians and our Associates.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provides clinical pharmacy services to patients in clinical areas as assigned.
- Participates in pharmacy related committees such as P&T Committee.
- Evaluates current drug usage and makes recommendations utilizing current research, monographs, and medication audits.
- Participates in Joint Commission mandates and National Patient Safety Goals initiatives.
- Participates in MSET calls and cardiopulmonary resuscitation efforts as required.
- Participates in continuing education as required by the Department.
- Participates in medication safety related activities and initiatives as required.
- Collaborates with nursing in medication and patient related initiatives.
- Precepts pharmacy students and residents as required.
- Develops and implements annual cost-containment measures in their respective areas of specialization.
- Performs health-economic studies annually to assess the impact and value of a pharmaceutical care service line in their area of specialization.
- Develops, implements, and coordinates CQI measures annually in their area of specialization.
- Integrates, on a continual basis, the clinical specialist functions with the medication distribution functions of the Department.
- Performs all aspect of pharmaceutical care, including drug distribution, parenterals admixtures, compounding and basic clinical pharmacokinetics functions when called upon.
- Collaborates with peers, nurses, and physicians to analyze and evaluate current systems of pharmaceutical care delivery, identifies and supports implementation of new practice patterns as appropriate: serves as a clinical resource.
- Applies principles of communication and change theory in providing health care consultation.
- Works independently, with high regard to coordination with other specialty areas.
- Facilitates/attends interdisciplinary and grand round sessions.
- Provides and assists in program development.
- Actively participation in a professional organization.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking and skills necessary to intervene in critical situations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree and post-graduate residency or fellowship required.
- Licensed, or eligible for licensure, as a pharmacist in the Commonwealth of Virginia required.
- CPR certification required within first 90 days of employment.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required within first 90 days of employment or placement.
- Three years hospital experience with enhanced clinical responsibilities or one year of same and completion of an ASHP-accredited pharmacy residency or research fellowship required.
- Ability to work independently required.
- Ability to work with computers required.
- Experience providing drug information and performing pharmacokinetics required.
- Must possess excellent clinical, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Certified or Board Eligible for Certification by the Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties required.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Mary Washington Healthcare Job ID #R-12416. Posted job title: Pharmacy Clinical Specialist Critical Care - Full Time
- 403b retirement plan
- Sick pay
- Employee assistance programs
- Holiday Pay
- Pet insurance
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Life insurance
- Discount program