Inova Health System is seeking a Perfusionist for a job in Falls Church, Virginia.
Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Perfusionist
- Discipline: Allied Health Professional
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: flexible
- Employment Type: Staff
Inova Benefits and Perks:
- Health, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- Tuition reimbursement and Educational Assistance
- Student loan assistance – up to $10,000!
- State-of-the-art medical and training facilities
- Paid parental leave for birth/adoption of a child
- Retirement benefits with match from day one
- Free Parking to all employees
- Exclusive savings opportunities to in-store events, theme parks, discounts, movie tickets and local offerings and so much more!
See Full List of Benefits Here: 2023 INOVA BENEFITS GUIDE
Inova Fairfax Medical Campus is seeking a Perfusionist 2 to join the team. This role is full-time working Monday to Friday.
Requirements for consideration:
- Bachelor's Degree in a medical/science field or Perfusion technology.
- Completion of a perfusionist certificate
- three years of relevant clinical experience or documented competency in required clinical skills and administration contribution.
- Maintains ABCP certification.
- BLS required upon start through the American Heart Association
Job Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- As a Perfusionist 2, you will operate extracorporeal equipment for surgical procedures.
- To help achieve our mission, you will provide cardiopulmonary bypass set-up, disassembly and maintenance for various surgical procedures (e.g. CABG, valve repair/replacements, VAD insertions, heart and lung transplants, non-complex aortic procedures and minimally invasive procedures).
- Conducts complex aortic repairs with circulatory arrest, complete arch repairs as well as thoracic-abdominal repairs.
- Ensures proper set-up/disassembly and operation of Autotransfusion equipment for cardiac and non-cardiac surgical procedures.
- Attends and participates in professional society meetings, seminars and conferences related to Perfusion or Perfusion related procedures.
- Participates in education and precepting Perfusion students and new team member orientation VAD transports.
- Collaborates with the Biomedical Engineering department to maintain Perfusion equipment while adhering to Inova Health System, OSHA, HIPAA, AABB, The Joint Commission and other organizational safety guidelines.
- Maintains the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion certification.
- Completes at least five VAD implants and meets competency criteria for each implant.
- Conducts initiation, circuit monitoring/troubleshooting, weaning and termination of Adult ECMO, transport Angiovac procedures and Chemoperfusion.
- Other duties as assigned.
Inova’s Anti-Discrimination Employment Policy
Inova Health System is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. To fulfill this commitment, Inova Health System does not discriminate in any employment-related decision and administers all of its employment programs, procedures and practices without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, pregnancy (including childbirth, pregnancy-related conditions and lactation), race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information. Inova operates both affirmative action and equal opportunity programs, consistent with federal and state requirements, including Governor's Executive Order One (2018). Consistent with federal and state requirements, Inova also prohibits retaliation against any person who files a charge of discrimination, participates in a discrimination proceeding, or otherwise opposes an unlawful employment practice.
Inova Job ID #648264. Posted job title: perfusionist 2