Advocate Aurora Health is seeking a Dosimetrist Level II for a job in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Dosimetrist
- Discipline: Allied Health Professional
- Duration: Ongoing
- 40 hours per week
- Shift: days
- Employment Type: Staff
- Performs virtual simulation using computed tomography (CT)/simulation and treatment planning software.
- Measures and generates radiation dose distributions and calculations as directed.
- Correlates, performs calculations, measurements and fusions of scans using positron emission tomography (PET), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and CT treatment planning with simulation and treatment for all cases including protocols.
- Prepares treatment plans to limit doses to critical structures by optimizing computerized plans and performs treatment planning for all cases, utilizing all treatment planning algorithms as needed under the direction of a Medical Physicist.
- Performs treatment planning for implant programs and complex cases; edits and troubleshoots problems with multileaf collimation as directed.
- Verifies and records data in patient charts, troubleshoots patient information in medical record, and performs chart audits for accuracy and thoroughness of prescribed treatment to actual plan.
- Operates, troubleshoots, and performs quality assurance (QA) on equipment as required.
- Rapidly adopts and champions implementation of new technology and techniques; serves as a technical resource, role model and/or preceptor for staff, and conducts in-services as assigned.
- Assists with accreditation process and departmental QA activities as assigned; leads the development of a new competency or assists in completion of competencies for other staff.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the department's policies and procedures. Age-specific information is developed further in the departmental job standards.
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
- Medical Dosimetrist certification (CMD) issued by the Medical Dosimetrist Certification Board (MDCB), and
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers certification issued by the American Heart Association (AHA) needs to be obtained within 6 months unless department leader has determined it is not required.
- Associate's Degree in Radiation Therapy or related field.
- Typically requires 3 years of experience in a Dosimetrist position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Advanced knowledge and skill in the use of radiation oncology equipment and software applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with physicians, staff, patients and their families.
- Ability to work independently and use intuitive thought processes.
- Excellent problem solving abilities and analytical skills to compare data.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to:
- Lift up to 50 lbs. from floor to waist.
- Lift up to 20 lbs. over the head.
- Carry up to 40 lbs. a reasonable distance.
- Must be able to:
- Push/pull with 30 lbs. of force.
- Perform a sliding transfer of 150 lbs. with a second person present.
- Utilize proper body mechanics.
- Must sit for 70% of workday.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
- Exposed to mechanical, electrical, chemical and radiation hazards.
- Requires continuous intense concentration.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
Advocate Aurora Health Job ID #R70153. Posted job title: dosimetrist ii
- Holiday Pay
- Guaranteed Hours
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
- Pet insurance
- Wellness and fitness programs
- Mileage reimbursement
- Employee assistance programs
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Life insurance
- Discount program