Detroit Medical Center is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) PCU - Progressive Care Unit for a nursing job in Detroit, Michigan.
Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: PCU - Progressive Care Unit
- Discipline: RN
- Duration: Ongoing
- 36 hours per week
- Shift: 12 hours, nights
- Employment Type: Staff
Unit Specializes in: Cardiac Step Down Unit
Specialized Equipment: Telemetry
DMC Harper University Hospital has distinguished itself in surgery and medicine and is known for its clinical expertise and innovative research. A specialty referral hospital, Harper has established Centers of Excellence in neurosciences, bariatric surgery, vascular services, multidisciplinary cardiovascular services, hypertension, stroke prevention and heart failure.
The Detroit Medical Center (DMC) Registered Nurse (RN) is a member of the Patient Care Services Team, and is responsible for the satisfactory completion of nursing care by the nursing team. The RN manages and provides patient care activities for a group of patients and their families through application of independent judgment, communication and collaboration with all team members including ancillary and support services. The role of the Registered Nurse at the DMC encompasses leadership, partnership, collaboration, teaching and supervision.
The DMC RN:
• Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with physicians and other health care providers
• Delegates, assesses, provides and evaluates patient care
• Provides and delegates patient care activities to team members
• Monitors patient progress and prepares patient for discharge
• Reports directly to senior unit management and participates in shared decision-making activities
Detroit Medical Center Job ID #2105036768.
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Employee assistance programs
- Life insurance
- Discount program