Detroit Medical Center is seeking a Medical Technologist for a job in Commerce Township, Michigan.
Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Medical Technologist
- Discipline: Allied Health Professional
- Duration: Ongoing
- 40 hours per week
- Shift: 8 hours, nights
- Employment Type: Staff
**$15,000 Sign on Bonus, with required amount of relevant experience**
DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital in Oakland County is committed to outstanding customer service and medical care. This hospital features the Harris Birthing Center with all private birthing suites, the Charach Cancer Treatment Center (affiliated with the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Center), cardiac services, and comprehensive inpatient and outpatient diagnostic care. For emergency services, obstetrics and ambulatory surgery, Huron Valley-Sinai consistently ranks among the top hospitals in the nation.
Under general supervision, performs quantitative and qualitative laboratory test on patient specimens according to standard laboratory formulas and procedures.
- Analyzes test results and prepares samples for testing.
- Calculates test findings and maintains records.
- Prepares and determines validity of solutions, reagents, media stains and various materials in the testing process.
Processes and tests all types of laboratory specimens; reviews and reports lab results; performs operational duties, maintenance and advanced troubleshooting of laboratory instrumentation and equipment; acts as resource to other laboratory personnel.
• Bachelor's Degree from an approved college or university and/or graduate of an accredited school of medical technology, or equivalent such as military training as defined by 42 CFR , or have qualified at the Medical Technologist level by achieving a satisfactory grade on a HHS examination prior to 2/28/92 42 CFR . The above meets required criteria as defined by CLIA regulations for High Complexity testing (42 CFR and 42 CFR ).
• Prefer 6 months to 1 year medical laboratory technologist, clinical laboratory scientist experience in acute care facility.
• Required: Registered or registry eligible in accordance with an approved certifying agency (ASCP, NCA, AMT or CSMLS within 12 months of hire). Equivalency evaluation by ECE ,NACES or AICE for non-US trained personnel must be completed within 30 days of hire. Licensure, as required by State.
• Position is for Generalist and must be able to rotate through all areas of the Laboratory including Blood Bank, Chemistry, Hematology, Coagulation and Urinalysis.
Detroit Medical Center Job ID #2305000155.
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Employee assistance programs
- Life insurance
- Discount program
- Sign-On bonus