Detroit Medical Center is seeking a Registered Respiratory Therapist for a job in Detroit, Michigan.
Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Discipline: Allied Health Professional
- Duration: Ongoing
- 40 hours per week
- Shift: 8 hours, days
- Employment Type: Staff
DMC Harper University Hospital has distinguished itself in surgery and medicine and is known for its clinical expertise and innovative research. A specialty referral hospital, Harper has established Centers of Excellence in neurosciences, bariatric surgery, vascular services, multidisciplinary cardiovascular services, hypertension, stroke prevention and heart failure.
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, acts as a professional member of the health care team by providing respiratory therapy services throughout the continuum of care.
- Provides therapeutic and rehabilitative procedures and diagnostic tests for patients with, or at risk of, abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system.
- Collaborates with physicians, nurses and other members of the health care team to develop optimal cardiopulmonary care plans for patients.
- Performs patient assessments, evaluates the appropriateness and effectiveness of therapy, and determines which respiratory care activities can be delegated to other care team members.
- Instructs employees and students in the principles and practices of designated respiratory care procedures/tasks and evaluates their competence.
- May function as an in-charge therapist and preceptor, as requested.
Detroit Medical Center Job ID #2305001120.
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Employee assistance programs
- Life insurance
- Discount program