Detroit Medical Center is seeking a Medical Technologist for a job in Detroit, Michigan.
Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Medical Technologist
- Discipline: Allied Health Professional
- Duration: Ongoing
- 40 hours per week
- Shift: 8 hours, days
- Employment Type: Staff
**$5,000 Sign on Bonus, with required amount of relevant experience**
DMC University Laboratories (DMCUL) is a regional, integrated laboratory system providing services to the eight hospitals of Detroit Medical Center. DMC University Laboratories evolved in 1993 and is comprised of Core Laboratories, Specialty Laboratories, two rapid response hospital laboratories, Centralized Stat Lab, Centralized Blood Bank Lab, and full service outreach infrastructure which includes patient service centers, remote ambulatory laboratories, marketing staff, courier system and billing department. The DMC University Laboratories service area covers the entire Southeast Michigan market, and is growing at a rapid pace with the following outstanding features: Test menu of over 1,000 tests, which includes high end specialty tests. Less than 1% of our tests are sent to outside reference laboratories. Provide reference laboratory services to many of the other healthcare systems in Southeastern Michigan and several out of state facilities.
Under general supervision, performs quantitative and qualitative laboratory test on patient specimens according to standard laboratory formulas and procedures.
- Analyzes test results and prepares samples for testing.
- Calculates test findings and maintains records. Prepares and determines validity of solutions, reagents, media stains and various materials in the testing process.
- Processes and tests all types of laboratory specimens; reviews and reports lab results; performs operational duties, maintenance and advanced troubleshooting of laboratory instrumentation and equipment; acts as resource to other laboratory personnel.
• Bachelor's Degree from an approved college or university and/or graduate of an accredited school of medical technology, or equivalent such as military training as defined by 42 CFR , or have qualified at the Medical Technologist level by achieving a satisfactory grade on a HHS examination prior to 2/28/92 42 CFR . The above meets required criteria as defined by CLIA regulations for High Complexity testing (42 CFR and 42 CFR ).
• Prefer 6 months to 1 year medical laboratory technologist, clinical laboratory scientist experience in acute care facility.
• Required: Registered or registry eligible in accordance with an approved certifying agency (ASCP, NCA, AMT or CSMLS within 12 months of hire). Equivalency evaluation by ECE ,NACES or AICE for non-US trained personnel must be completed within 30 days of hire. Licensure, as required by State.
Detroit Medical Center Job ID #2305001283.
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Employee assistance programs
- Life insurance
- Discount program
- Sign-On bonus