Radiologic Technologist | Full Time - Kerrville, TX
Peterson Health is a not-for-profit rural community hospital located in Kerrville, TX. We are among the nation’s Best Places to Work and pride ourselves on our compassionate and team-oriented culture. We offer competitive pay, paid time off, as well as health and retirement benefits to our employees.
The Radiologic Technologist works under the supervision of the radiologists and management team to acquire diagnostic images for interpretation utilizing ALARA techniques; assists with invasive procedures as requested.
Associates in Radiologic Science and/or graduation from an A.R.R.T. accredited program
Bachelors in Radiologic Science
Required Technical Skills:
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal relationship, decision making and patient care skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of anatomy, positioning, techniques, and both radiation protection and safety.
- Knowledge of radiographic physics.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to determine exposure factors to achieve optimum radiographic images with a minimum exposure to patients.
- Ability to examine images for the purpose of evaluation of techniques, positions, and other related qualities.
- Ability to position patient and adjust equipment to produce desired or optimum image of desired anatomy.
- Skill in safe and efficient operation of imaging equipment.
- Ability to deviate from normal techniques when necessary to develop new and better techniques to keep the department up to date.
- Veni-puncture and comprehensive knowledge of proper use of contrast and injection of such contrast for patient exams.
- Ability to determine proper protocols to achieve optimum diagnostic images with high degree of efficiency.
R.T. (R) ARRT, Texas License, and BLS CPR
Multiple modality registry from ARRT
Entry level registered technologist
One year experience working as a radiologic technologist
The average salary for a Radiology Technologist in Kerrville is $23.10 per hour. This is 20% lower than the Texas average of $27.71.
Estimate based on Bureau of Labor Statistics data.