Paramedic - $19-26 per hour
Mary Washington Healthcare is seeking a Paramedic for a job in Fredericksburg, Virginia.
Job description & requirements
- Specialty: Paramedic
- Discipline: Allied Health Professional
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: nights
- Employment Type: Staff
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to provide clinical and technical support procedures, assisting nurses and medical staff to ensure quality care. Duties and responsibilities are performed according to standards outlined in the competency based evaluation tool. The incumbent in this position will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to patients, physicians, the public and co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provides direct and indirect patient care under the direction of and as assigned by the Nurse Manager, Patient Care Manager, Charge Nurse or Team Leader.
- Provides care that reflects initiative, flexibility and responsibility indicative of professional expectation with minimum supervision.
- Determines priorities of care based on the physical and psychosocial needs, as well as factors influencing patient flow through the system.
- Assists patients with basic care needs and any other duties related to the well-being of the patient following established nursing policies and procedures.
- Administers treatments and various procedures (within their scope of practice) to patients as ordered by the physician and directed by the Professional Nursing Staff.
- Communicates with Emergency Department physicians about changes in patient status, symptomology and results of diagnostic studies.
- Responds quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment.
- Performs monitor technician duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Obtaining vital signs - frequency specific to patient's acuity and/or changes in patient’s condition.
- Performs venipuncture and starts IVs.
- Phlebotomy and specimen collection with proper labeling/transporting of specimens.
- Applying cardiac monitor where appropriate; performs 12-lead EKG.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the treatment of cardiac emergencies to include medication management, defibrillation, cardioversion, and non-invasive pacing.
- Setup sterile trays for suturing/sterile procedures.
- Insertion of foley catheter when appropriate; documentation of intake and output.
- Demonstrate collaborative relationship with MWHC Emergency Services Associates, physicians, and ancillary partners both verbally and through accurate documentation.
- Demonstrates competence in medication management and administration.
- Performs splinting and/or application of orthopedic adjuncts per physician orders.
- Performs the following respiratory therapy specific tasks: set up and management of ventilator, and/or BIPAP/CPAP machines, nebulizer treatments, and ABGs.
- Demonstrates competency in the following respiratory therapy specific treatments: monitoring of end tidal CO2, pediatric asthma protocol, intubation preparation to include Glidescope, Bougie, and Pilot Balloon repair kit.
- Accepts responsibility for professional growth, development, regulatory requirements and education requirement at the MWHC and department level.
- Maintains licensure or certifications required for the position held during employment.
- Performs other duties as appropriate within the position’s scope of practice, including duties of other care team members.
- High School / GED required.
- Current Virginia State Paramedic Certification and/or National Registry
- CPR, ACLS and PALS certification required.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
- 403b retirement plan
- Sick pay
- Employee assistance programs
- Holiday Pay
- Pet insurance
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Life insurance
- Discount program
About Mary Washington Healthcare
Join Mary Washington Healthcare, one of Virginia’s fastest-growing healthcare systems and the region’s premier healthcare provider. Our nursing jobs, allied health, and physician jobs promote growth through career advancement and support in an environment designed for success.
MWHC offers all the benefits of a big city healthcare system in the beautiful setting of the Virginia countryside, with easy access to Washington, DC and Richmond. Our regional medical system includes two state-of-the-art hospitals – Mary Washington Hospital, a Magnet-designated, Level II Trauma Center and Stafford Hospital. Our Centers of Excellence include Regional Cancer Center, Virginia Heart & Vascular Institute, Human Motion Institute, Women’s Health Institute and The Neurosciences Center.
- Work Environment2.6rating
- Work Environment4.0rating
- Work Environment2.0rating
- Work Environment1.0rating
Everyone there is so miserable and they hate it! If that says anything…..
- Work Environment1.0rating
Want to hear more?
We'll start a conversation with Eli BSN RN from Mary Washington Healthcare to answer any additional questions you might have. No obligation, no fuss.