Registered Nurse (RN) - OR - Operating Room$35-47/hour
- Start DateASAP
- ShiftDays, Flexible
- Facility InformationShort Term Acute Care351 bedsMEDITECH
Shift: Days (Rotating Weekends)
DescriptionHourly Wage Estimate: $34.50 - $50.65 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.
Swedish Medical Center is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for Registered Nurse Operating Room position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.Benefits
Swedish Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at Swedish Medical Center!Job Summary and Qualifications
As an OR Registered Nurse, you will be part of an amazing interdisciplinary team environment. You will contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our Surgical Services team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
Here is some of what you can expect from being an OR Registered Nurse with us:
- You will bring your OR Nurse specialized skills to serve specific age groups, which may include adult, adolescent, geriatric, or pediatric populations.
- You will prepare for each procedure and/or surgery by ensuring there is adequate stock, and appropriate equipment available in areas as assigned.
- You will assist with post procedure workload including cleaning room between procedures, putting away all unused supplies & setting up for the next procedure.
- You will teach, supervise, and serve as a resource person and delegates in accordance with the competency level of all staff members.
- You may rotate to areas other than OR, and will perform only those duties that you have demonstrated competency.
What qualifications you will need:
- Current licensure in the State of Colorado as a Registered Nurse, or current active multi-state Registered Nurse license.
- Basic Life Support certification through the American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- One (1) year minimum experience in the perioperative (OR) setting is required.
- CNOR preferred.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Swedish Medical Center, part of HCA Healthcare’s HealthONE family of hospitals, is located in the south metro Denver area where it has been a proud member of the community for more than 110 years. An acute care hospital with 408 plus licensed beds, annually Swedish cares for more than 200,000 patients with a team of 2,000 dedicated employees, 500 volunteers and more than 1,400 physicians.
With stroke door to treatment times averaging just 20 minutes, faster than any other facility in the world, Swedish serves as the Rocky Mountain Region’s referral center for the most advanced stroke treatment. Swedish also serves as the region’s neurotrauma and orthopedic trauma provider and is the area’s only Level I trauma facility with a dedicated burn and reconstructive center.
Swedish Medical Center offers patients the highest quality care and the most advanced technologies and treatments in nearly every medical specialty including adult and pediatric emergency, heart care, neurology/neurosurgery, pregnancy and childbirth, orthopedics and joint replacement, cancer care, gastroenterology and liver care, gynecology and urology.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Registered Nurse O
Swedish Medical Center
- Work Environment2.0rating
- Short Term Acute Care
- 351 beds
Vivian rates working in Englewood, CO as a 68 out of 100.