Registered Nurse (RN) - Clinical Coordinator, OR - Operating Room$40-55/hour
- Start DateASAP
- Facility InformationShort Term Acute Care333 bedsMEDITECH
Shift: No Weekends
DescriptionHourly Wage Estimate: $40.20 - $60.30 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.Shift: 7a-7p
Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At The Medical Center of Aurora our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Clinical RN Coordinator - Operating Room to join our healthcare family.Benefits
The Medical Center of Aurora, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At The Medical Center of Aurora, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse’s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Clinical RN Coordinator - Operating Room opportunity.Job Summary and Qualifications
As an OR Clinical Nurse Coordinator (Charge RN) you will be part of an amazing interdisciplinary team environment. You will work under the general supervision of the unit’s director and you will assume responsibility for the direction and the coordination of all functions in the OR Department on your designated shifts. You will demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to patients and to provide direction and supervisions to other staff caring for patients. Here is some of what you can expect from being an OR Clinical Nurse Coordinator (Charge RN) with us:
- As an operating room (OR) Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) you will demonstrate skills as a resource person and liaison between the specialty team members, other staff members, surgeons, and vendors.
- You will assist with the overall management of patient care in the OR, supervises all staff, assists with performance evaluations, counseling and coaching of staff, hiring, and day to day operational supervision.
- You will be responsible for ensuring department compliance with state, federal, and healthcare regulatory agencies. You will work closely with other Clinical Nurse Coordinators (CNCs) to ensure that surgical procedures performed by specialty team members or other surgery staff members are thoroughly prepared prior to surgery.
- The Clinical Nurse Coordinator verifies the accuracy of preference cards and the OR schedule.
- The Clinical Nurse Coordinator works closely with the surgery schedulers to streamline and verify the flow of the OR schedule.
- Current licensure in the State of Colorado as a Registered Nurse, or current active multi-state Registered Nurse license.
- Basic Life Support certification through the American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
- ACLS and PALS certification.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- Two (2) years of acute care experience as an Operating Room (OR) RN.
- Previous charge nurse/service coordinator experience.
The Medical Center of Aurora is a 346 plus bed acute care hospital located in Aurora, Colorado. The Medical Center of Aurora is comprised of six medical campuses in Aurora and Centennial, Colorado, including the Main Campus, the North Campus Behavioral Health and Wellness Center, Centennial Medical Plaza, Saddle Rock ER, Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital, Spalding Rehabilitation at P/SL, and medical office building at Green Valley Ranch. The Main Campus facility is a Level II Trauma Center with Primary Stroke Certification and Chest Pain Center accreditation, serving the eastern metro area and I-70 corridor. The South Campus includes a Level III NICU. The Medical Center of Aurora consistently receives ‘A’ grades from The Leapfrog Group and is recognized as the a top five hospital in the Denver metro area and the #4 hospital in Colorado by U.S. News & World Report year after year.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Clinical RN Coordinator - Operating Room opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The Medical Center of Aurora
- Work Environment5.0rating
- Short Term Acute Care
- 333 beds
Aurora, Colorado, located at the foot of the Rocky Mountains, is best known for its stunning natural scenery. The Aurora Reservoir offers year-round outdoor activities, with fishing, boating and swimming in the summer and ice skating in the winter. Hiking enthusiasts benefit from over 50 miles of beautiful trails within the city limits. Aurora’s local attractions are plentiful and diverse, with options like the Aurora History Museum, the Black American West Museum and the Children's Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus. Its fantastic food scene includes scrumptious restaurants like El Taco de Mexico, Sam's No 3 Diner and La Sandia Mexican Kitchen & Tequila Bar. Aurora is adjacent to Denver, providing easy access to all the benefits of city life but with a lower cost and more room to enjoy nature’s beauty.
Vivian rates working in Aurora, CO as a 64 out of 100.