Aureus Medical Group - Imaging is seeking a travel Sonography Tech for a travel job in Mount Airy, North Carolina.
Job description & requirements
- Specialty: Sonography Tech
- Discipline: Allied Health Professional
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: 13 weeks
- 40 hours per week
- Shift: 8 hours, days
- Employment Type: Travel
13 week contract
First shift - Weekdays
Some rotational backup call on nights and weekends have nights and weekends staffed on-site but still have a day shift sonographer on back-up call in case someone gets sick or whatever happens
2 years of experience preferred
Willing to take 1st time travelers depending on experience
Graduate of an AMA approved and/or JRCERT and SACS accredited school of Medical Ultrasound Technology
ARMS Certification - Abdomen and OB/GYN
Registered status in Echocardiography RDCS and Vascular RVT
Registered status in Breast Ultrasound
* Produces medically useful images according to current technical standards in the areas of Abdomen Pelvis OB/GYN Small Parts Echocardiography TEE and Vascular. Effectively utilizes tele-radiology networking to transmit images. Obtains daily QC images. Adjusts camera settings as necessary. Positions patient properly.
* Cleans and checks transducers and gel warming units.
* Compares photographic technique with previous densities.
* Assures patient safety items are present as needed and assures a clean work area.
* Observes patient transfer techniques with adequate assistance and readily assists others when patients are being transferred. Uses safety straps when necessary.
* Question patients and reviews chart for complete medical history. Completes data on the request.
* Monitors IV fluids and Oxygen pressure level during scans as well as overall patient condition.
* Performs operator level equipment cleanings and inspections. Performs hi-level disinfection of probes.
* Includes symptom-related as ordered/directed when performing medically ordered procedures using the appropriate transducer and adjusting ultrasonic beam to obtain satisfactory sonograms.
* Relates sonographic examination with chart and other imaging data. Uses HIS/RIS and PACS effectively.
* Coordinates with other imaging services and sections for patients having multiple studies.
* Deals with patients in a courteous and timely manner and provides a friendly reception.
* Willingly rotates within the section by shift and assignment as required including holidays weekends nights and emergency callbacks.
* Performs clerical duties and transports patients as necessary to maintain adequate patient flow.
* Cross-trains as required. Successfully pass annual competencies.
Shift Info: Day 8 Hours 7:00 15:30
Licenses/Certifications: CPR/BLS (Basic Life Support)
For the most prompt response, please APPLY ONLINE.
As always, there is never a fee for candidates to utilize our services.
About Mount Airy, NC
Vivian rates working in Mount Airy, NC
About Aureus Medical Group - Imaging
Rewarding Careers. Experiences of a Lifetime.
At Aureus Medical Group®, we do more than connect you with a career opportunity. We help you create your ideal lifestyle. For more than 35 years we’ve helped healthcare professionals embark on journeys, scale mountains, and discover new spaces, places, and faces. We’re dedicated to your success, your dreams, and your adventures.
As a travel healthcare professional with Aureus, you'll have the whole package - outstanding benefits, one-to-one personal service, 24/7 contact, and an recruiter who specializes in imaging. With thousands of available travel jobs across the country, we’re sure to have the right fit for you.
When it comes to your career, Aureus will take you places. Let’s get started!