Albany, NYLPN / LVN (LPN / LVN)Trinity Health FirstChoice$1,404/wk
Travel LPN / LVN - $1,404 per week
Trinity Health FirstChoice is seeking a LPN / LVN for a travel job in Albany, New York.
Estimated payment breakdown
Job description & requirements
- Specialty: LPN / LVN
- Discipline: LPN / LVN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: 13 weeks
- 36 hours per week
- Shift: 12 hours, days
- Employment Type: Travel
Contributes to the delivery of patient-centered care through the effective implementation of specific aspects of the nursing process considering age specific, maturational, cultural and spiritual needs. The care rendered to assigned patients is congruent with the education and licensure of the LPN and is under the direction of the Registered Nurse. Demonstrates unit/area designated competencies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs specific nursing interventions as delegated by the Registered Nurse in an effort to identify and attain treatment goals.
2. Obtains necessary clinical data from patient, family, or significant other.
3. Uses interdisciplinary plan of care as the framework for care rendered (including the administration of medications).
4. All duties and skills of the PCT job description.
5. Examples of functions that may be delegated by the Registered Nurse are listed below in (6)-(14):
6. Administers medications to patients orally, rectally, intra-muscularly, or subcutaneously.
7. Monitors effects of medications; records medications given and patients' reactions.
8. Venipuncture, blood cultures, bleeding times.
9. Blood specimens from venipuncture, intermittent infusion devices (e.g. heplocks, saline locks).
10. Start, prime, disconnect IV lines and may regulate dripping.
11. Tracheal suctioning, NMTs, routine oxygen therapy, pulse oximetry.
12. Flush intermittent infusion devices (e.g. heplocks, saline locks) as a function of blood drawing.
13. Insertion and discontinuation of indwelling urinary catheterization and intermittent clean catheterization.
14. Neurovascular checks.
15. Neurologic checks.
16. Responds to patient requests in a timely fashion.
17. Always introduces self and explains patient care role.
18. Responsible for maintaining knowledge of policy and procedures. Participates in unit activities to improve quality care.
19. Answer phones.
20. Maintain clean environment for patient visitors and fellow associates.
21. Seeks ongoing learning experiences in order to keep current with practice and promote self-growth.
22. Cleans and maintains equipment and supplies according to procedures, and assure adequate supplies.
23. Completes other duties as assigned.
24. Maintains good rapport and cooperative relationships. Approaches conflict in a constructive manner. Helps to identify problems, offer solutions, and participate in their resolution.
25. Maintains the confidentiality of information acquired pertaining to patient, physicians, colleagues, and visitors to Trinity Health facilities. Discusses patient and hospital information only among appropriate personnel in appropriately private places.
26. Behaves in accordance with the Code of Conduct, Service Excellence Standards, and the Mission, Vision and Values of Trinity Health.
27. Assumes responsibility for performance of job duties in the safest possible manner, to assure personal safety and that of coworkers, and to report all preventable hazards and unsafe practices immediately to management.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Participates in or contributes to nursing or hospital research projects by assisting with data collection, supporting the patient in his/her decision to participate.
Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE
Education: Requires high school diploma or equivalent and one year of specialized nursing education. Experience: 2 years as an LPN
Certification/Licensure: Requires active license to practice as LPN
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Ability to apply nursing techniques within defined responsibilities to meet patient and family needs.
2. Awareness of the New York State Nurse Practice Act, the role of LPN's and relationship to RN's.
3. Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with patients, families, and coworkers.
4. Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail for over 50% of work time.
5. Ability to walk and stand for approximately 51% to 80% of work time.
6. Ability to lift, turn, and position patients frequently.
What's in it for you?
Variety of Practice Settings
View more from one of our nursing colleagues:
For more information, Text "Choice" to 60184
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
- Employee assistance programs
- 403b retirement plan
- Discount program
About Albany, NY
A vibrant city located in the heart of New York State, Albany is famous for its rich history, beautiful architecture and abundance of cultural attractions. Situated on the west bank of the Hudson River approximately 150 miles north of New York City, Albany features amazing destinations such as the Empire State Plaza, the New York State Museum and the Egg Performing Arts Center. The city is also home to several colleges and universities, including SUNY Albany, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Siena College, Union College and Albany Law School. The climate in Albany is generally cool, with warm summers and cold winters and lovers of winter weather can enjoy a beautiful blanket of snow covering the ground.
Vivian rates working as a Travel Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse in Albany, NY
About Trinity Health FirstChoice
FirstChoice offers a rewarding career with significant premium pay and flexible scheduling to fit your life. FirstChoice healthcare travel professionals fill critical positions when unforeseen or unplanned circumstances occur; or, when there is a position open due to an extended leave-of-absence. You’ll get to experience a variety of practice settings while traveling within your local region or traveling nationally – your choice!
Healthcare travel professionals, join us in caring for our community, we can't do it without you.
FirstChoice exclusively supports facilities within the Trinity Health system meaning you will have a consistent experience between job sites. Your training at one site will apply to other sites within the region and will minimize the time you are spending outside of patient care. We understand that there has been a fundamental shift in the nursing position in recent years and like any other employee, nurses want more options and flexibility in their careers. FirstChoice provides you with both along with the comfort and security of one employer.
Benefits of Being a FirstChoice healthcare travel professional:
- Premium pay
- Choose your own travel adventure—work in a variety of practice settings
- Wide range of assignments available
- Housing and meal stipend
Minimum Qualifications/Requirements of a FirstChoice Nurse:
- Registered nurse with a license in the state(s) you will work
- Minimum of 2 years, depending on specialty area
- Cannot hold a concurrent position at a Trinity Health facility
Trinity Health is a leading not-for-profit Catholic health system with 92 hospitals and hundreds of primary, specialty and continuing care centers across the United States.
- Work Environment4.0rating
Sara Dixon has been a great help, she made my application process smooth and efficient. She is very knowledgeable and was able to answer all of my questions. this has been a fantastic introduction to the world of being a traveler.
- Work Environment5.0rating
Sara Dixon is one of the best recruiters I have come across while looking for a travel respiratory position. She is professional, authentic and very knowledgeable in her field of work. I truly felt she had my best interest at heart. She always answers my questions in a way I understood what next steps to make. Thank you Sara Dixon for all that you do.
Helen is by far one of the best recruiters I've ever worked with. She's so patient, always provides you with accurate information and promptly returns phone calls. She's not the typical recruiter who use the 'bait and switch' approach. I'd definitely recommend her to any of my traveler friends. Simply awesome.
So far, very well- organized. You get the help and assistance all throughout.
Dan Deletesky was great to onboard with, very responsive to emails-made the process easy. Trinity First choice had made it easy to stay local and still garner a travel competitive rate.
Want to hear more?
We'll start a conversation with Dan Deletetsky from Trinity Health FirstChoice to answer any additional questions you might have. No obligation, no fuss.
Browse similar jobs
Travel LPN / LVN
- Saint Peter's Hospital
- Albany, NY
- 3x12 hrs
Travel LPN / LVN
- Cortland, NY
Travel LPN / LVN
- East Greenbush, NY
Travel LPN / LVN
- Vestal, NY