Travel Surgical Technologist$2,600/week
Iowa City, IA
Cross Country Nurses
5x8 hrs, Days
- Start Date3/31/2024
- Shift Breakdown5x8 hrs
- Duration13 weeks
As an operating room tech (ORT), you'll help with surgical operations before, during and/or after the procedure. Working in the operating room of a hospital or outpatient surgery center, you may have duties that include prepping the OR, surgical tools, and equipment, helping nurses and surgeons scrub in, keeping up with equipment during surgery, maintaining sterile conditions, assisting with tools during surgery, cleaning the OR after surgery, and transporting patients to and from surgery. You'll play a critical role in preventing illness, providing moral support, promoting health and wellness, and educating patients and families.Minimum Requirements
- Minimum 1 years of recent acute Surg Tech experience
- Nationally Certified in Surgical Technology (NBSTSA)
- BLS Certification
- Trauma Experience preferred, not required
- Travel experience preferred, not required
- Private housing or generous housing allowance
- Comprehensive health insurance with prescription coverage
- Dependent health insurance with prescription coverage
- Competitive salaries
- Referral bonuses
- Travel reimbursement
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Direct deposit/free checking
- Unlimited free CE credits
Cross Country Nurses
1 nurse found this helpful
About Iowa City, IAAs a travel nurse in Iowa City, IA here's what you should know:
- Slightly lower than the national average, making it an affordable place to live.
- Wages generally match up well with the cost of living.
- Average summer highs of 84°F and winter lows of 14°F.
- Expect warm summers and cold winters.
- Short-term rentals are available and relatively easy to find, especially near the university.
- Car-friendly city with ample parking.
- Limited public transportation options, but the compact size makes it bike-friendly.
- Diverse population with a mix of age ranges.
- Common health issues include allergies, respiratory conditions, and obesity.
- Iowa City has a large population of travel nurses due to the presence of the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.
- Plenty of restaurants offering diverse cuisines, vibrant art and music scene, college sports events, and numerous outdoor activities including hiking, biking, and water sports near the Iowa River.