Travel Speech Language Pathologist$2,740/week
Supplemental Health Care
- Start DateASAP
- Duration13 weeks
Supplemental Health Care is hiring Acute Care SLPs to work at a partnering hospital in Syracuse, New York. We bring more than 30 years of experience and a reputation for excellence to every healthcare professional we support.
Acute Care SLP Contract Details:
- Position: SLP - Speech Language Pathologist
- $2,560 - $2,740 per week
- 13-week contract with possibility of extension
- SLPs will provide Speech Language Pathology treatment and patient care according to facility guidelines
- Speech Language Pathologists will need to have effective communication skills for working with patients, their families, and other caregivers
- Speech Language Pathologists may be asked to delegate and supervise SLPAs
- Travel pay packages including housing and meals allowance are available
Apply online today to learn more about this SLP position and to start the placement process. We're standing by now and will respond as quickly as possible.
Supplemental Health Care offers a wide variety of industry-leading benefits including:
- Full medical, dental, vision, life, and even pet insurance to provide you with the coverage you need whenever you need it.
- Round the clock support. No matter where you are or what time it is, Supplemental Health Care is standing by.
- Our Share the Care program is the most dynamic, profitable referral program in the industry. To learn more about Share the Care, check out shccares.com/referrals.
- SHC offers a 401k Retirement Savings Program to both full-time and part-time employees with company matching and a wide range of investment options.
- Discounted and free online access to CEU courses through Supplemental University. Through our online CEU options, you have access to the courses you need on your schedule.
- Current SLP licensure in New York
- Experience: Minimum 1-year as a Speech Language Pathologist
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families, and facility personnel
Supplemental Health Care will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state, or federal law. For this type of employment, Kentucky state law requires a criminal record check as a condition of employment.
Supplemental Health Care
As recipients of the Best in Staffing Awards for both Client and Talent, Supplemental Health Care is proud to be among only 2% of staffing companies singled out for the distinction based on the real feedback of our employees and the clients we serve. SHC has also earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval and is named among the Largest Health Care Staffing companies in the United States by Staffing Industry Analysts.
We are also thrilled to recognize our very own SLP, Dr. Kelly Byrd as the American Staffing Association 2024 National Staffing Employee of the Year and Health Care Sector All-Star. We’re honored to connect Dr. Byrd to employment, share her incredible story, and support her family literacy nonprofit.
For everyone that we serve, SHC is the place where caring hearts thrive.
About Syracuse, NYAs a Travel Speech Language Pathologist in Syracuse, NY here's what you should know:
- Syracuse's cost of living is lower than the national average, making it an affordable place to live.
- Wages generally match up with the lower cost of living.
- Average summer highs range from 80-85°F, while winter lows can drop to 15-20°F.
- Short term rentals are available in Syracuse and can be found with relative ease.
- Syracuse is relatively car-friendly, but public transportation options are limited compared to larger cities.
- Syracuse has a diverse population with a wide age range.
- Common health issues include respiratory conditions due to cold winters.
- There is a growing population of travel nurses in the area.
- Syracuse offers a variety of restaurants, art galleries, and music venues.
- Sports enthusiasts can enjoy college basketball and lacrosse games.
- Outdoor activities include visits to the zoo, exploring the Erie Canal Museum, and attending The Great New York State Fair.