Travel Intensive Care Unit Nurse$2,545/week
Castro Valley, CA
Cross Country Nurses
3x12 hrs, Days
- Start DateASAP
- Shift Breakdown3x12 hrs
- Duration13 weeks
As an intensive care unit nurse (RN ICU), you will be monitoring patients with highly unstable, life-threatening conditions, to ensure they receive the best possible care. You must be able to rapidly assess a patient's condition and intervene with the appropriate care, managing various life-support systems like ventilation and heart-monitoring. Additionally, you will extend emotional support and education to gravely ill patients and their families.Minimum Requirements
- At least 1 year of recent acute care experience in specialty
- Active RN license
- Private housing or generous housing allowance
- Comprehensive health insurance with prescription coverage
- Dependent health insurance with prescription coverage
- Competitive salaries
- Referral bonuses
- Travel reimbursement
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Direct deposit/free checking
- Unlimited free CE credits
Cross Country Nurses
Marie is super responsive! Helped me with everything, made sure I got raises. I did three contracts in Hawaii through her! Best time of my life. I will always keep Marie in mind for this company.
For a lot of contracts they don’t pay very well.
Recommends working with Cross Country Nurses
About Castro Valley, CAAs a Travel Intensive Care Unit Nurse in Castro Valley, CA here's what you should know:
- The cost of living in Castro Valley is higher than the national average, particularly in terms of housing costs.
- Wages may be higher to match the increased cost of living.
- In summer, average highs are around 80°F, and average lows are around 55°F.
- In winter, average highs are around 60°F, and average lows are around 40°F.
- Short term rentals and furnished housing options are available in Castro Valley, and they can be found with some research and advance planning.
- Castro Valley is car-friendly, and public transportation options are available, including buses and BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) for easy access to nearby cities.
- Castro Valley has a diverse population with a wide age range.
- Common health issues may include allergies and respiratory conditions due to the pollen and air quality.
- There is a sizable population of travel nurses in the area.
- There are plenty of restaurants offering diverse cuisines, and the nearby Bay Area provides access to a vibrant art and music scene.
- Sports enthusiasts can enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking in the surrounding hills and exploring nearby parks.