Travel Addiction Medicine Nurse$2,570/week
Supplemental Health Care
- Start DateASAP
- Duration13 weeks
Supplemental Health Care is seeking Addictions RNs in Juneau, Alaska for a 13-week assignment at a partnering hospital. Named Best in Staffing based on real feedback from our working nurses and healthcare professionals, Supplemental Health Care is proud to be a partner to every nurse and healthcare professional we work with.
Addictions RN Contract Details:
- $2,520 - $2,570 per week
- 13-week contract with possibility to extend
- Various shifts available
- Travel pay packages including housing and meals allowance are available
Please apply online now for immediate consideration for this Addictions RN opportunity or to connect with our team about all of the contract options in Alaska.
Supplemental Health Care offers a wide variety of industry-leading benefits including:
- Full medical, dental, vision, life, and even pet insurance to provide you with the coverage you need whenever you need it.
- Round the clock support. No matter where you are or what time it is, Supplemental Health Care is standing by.
- Our Share the Care program is the most dynamic, profitable referral program in the industry. To learn more about Share the Care, check out shccares.com/referrals.
- SHC offers a 401k Retirement Savings Program to both full-time and part-time employees with company matching and a wide range of investment options.
- Discounted and free online access to CEU courses through Supplemental University. Through our online CEU options, you have access to the courses you need on your schedule.
- Current Alaska RN License / Certification
- American Heart Association BLS
- 1 to 2 years of recent relevant experience
Supplemental Health Care will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state, or federal law. For this type of employment, Kentucky state law requires a criminal record check as a condition of employment.
Supplemental Health Care
As recipients of the Best in Staffing Awards for both Client and Talent, Supplemental Health Care is proud to be among only 2% of staffing companies singled out for the distinction based on the real feedback of our employees and the clients we serve. SHC has also earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval and is named among the Largest Health Care Staffing companies in the United States by Staffing Industry Analysts.
We are also thrilled to recognize our very own SLP, Dr. Kelly Byrd as the American Staffing Association 2024 National Staffing Employee of the Year and Health Care Sector All-Star. We’re honored to connect Dr. Byrd to employment, share her incredible story, and support her family literacy nonprofit.
For everyone that we serve, SHC is the place where caring hearts thrive.
About Juneau, AKAs a travel nurse in Juneau, AK here's what you should know:
- The cost of living in Juneau is higher than the national average due to its remote location and the need to import many goods.
- Wages may be higher to compensate for the higher cost of living.
- Average summer highs range from 60-65°F, while winter lows can drop to 20-25°F.
- Juneau experiences significant precipitation throughout the year.
- Short-term rentals and furnished housing options may be limited due to the city's remote location.
- It's advisable to plan ahead and work with local real estate agencies.
- Juneau is not very car-friendly due to its rugged terrain and limited road access.
- Public transportation options include buses and ferries, but a personal vehicle may be more convenient for travel nurses.
- Juneau has a diverse population with a mix of Native Alaskan, Caucasian, and other ethnic groups.
- The age range varies, with a significant portion of the population being middle-aged or older.
- Common health issues may include seasonal affective disorder (SAD) due to the long, dark winters.
- There is a small but active community of travel nurses.
- Juneau offers a range of outdoor activities such as hiking, glacier exploration, and tramway rides for scenic views.
- There are also opportunities for brewery tours, beer tastings, and experiencing the local flora and fauna at the Glacier Gardens Rainforest Adventure.