Nurses Week Image
Events

Celebrate Nurses Week 2024 with Vivian Health

Celebrating All Nurses Across the Nation

Vivian Health celebrates nurses every day, so we’re especially excited to honor these devoted professionals during National Nurses Week, May 6 – 12, 2024. We’re proud to applaud all nurses with a week designed to recognize their careers and celebrate their accomplishments. During this year’s celebration, Vivian wants to help one nurse pay off $5,000 of their student loan debt or other expenses. Our goal is to bring awareness to the financial burden many nurses carry from becoming a nurse and serving their community.

To enter the contest for The Vivian Nurses Week Leadership Award, head over to our 2024 National Nurses Week Event and tell us your story. Please read the Full Contest Official Rules for all the details.

Nurses Week Image

During Nurses Week and Beyond

While you’re gearing up for Nurses Week 2024, be sure to take a look at the Nurses Week Freebies from your favorite restaurants and retailers, including many limited-time deals. We’ll be continually updating this page from now through Nurses Week to add new deals as they’re announced.

As a healthcare worker, did you know you can also take advantage of year-round Discounts and Savings for Healthcare Professionals? Check out these deals to save on everything from shoes and sportswear to housewares and hotel rooms.

Planning your own facility’s Nurses Week celebration? Read tips from one of Vivian’s staff nurses in 5 Ways Staff Managers Can Celebrate Bedside Nurses and learn how you can truly show your appreciation and support.

Show your appreciation for a nurse by thanking them on our Nurses Week KudoBoard.

Nurses Week 2024 Header
What Is National Nurses Week 2024?

National Nurses Week is an annual event that begins on National Nurses Day, May 6, 2024 and ends on Florence Nightingale’s birthday, May 12. To support and honor nurses around the nation, in 1998, May 8 also became National Student Nurses Day and we celebrate National School Nurses Day on the Wednesday that falls within National Nurses Week.

Each year, the American Nurses Association (ANA) leads the celebration to honor nurses. For the last few years, ANA has championed a month-long celebration to provide more opportunities to show appreciation for the invaluable jobs nurses do. In 2023, the ANA chose an evergreen theme, “You Make a Difference,” to highlight the positive work nurses do and the impact they have on our lives. The organization has also designated May as “National Nurses Month” with four weekly themes: Self-Care, Recognition, Professional Development and Community Engagement.

What’s your favorite way to celebrate National Nurses Week? Share your comments with other nurses below.

Browse Jobs

vivianhealth
Vivian Health

Vivian Health is the leading jobs marketplace built to serve healthcare professionals first. Our transparent job information not only helps nurses and allied health professionals find their next opportunity but empowers them to grow their careers.

Comments (15)

Happy Nurses’ Week to Paulette, Sandra, Judy, Tracie, and Carrie

Happy Nurses Week and find joy again 💖

Shout out to our amazing group.

🫶🏼🫶🏼 nursing is a huge rewarding field, shout out to us all 🫶🏼🫶🏼

So they are just or mainly celebrating RNs? What about the LPN’s who work hard or harder than the RNs? Do we not count? I don’t know if I want to work for a company that doesn’t care about their LPN’s.

Hello Donna and thanks for reaching out! The Vivian Health team values all healthcare professionals and appreciates the efforts of nurses at every level. We hope you enjoy National Nurses Week!

I agree with Donna. I’m a 28-year LVN/LPN veteran who many years ago trained RNs. I’ve noticed that the ANA is only geared for RNs.
Where do LVNs get recognized and supported? I’m very much pro DEI&B.
So, Vivian, how can you revamp and include ALL nurses?

Thanks for your feedback, Kajuanna. We agree that the contributions made by LPN/LVNs are invaluable! All of our Nurses Week resources are available to all healthcare workers. Thank you for visiting and we hope you enjoy National Nurses Week!

Whether we are LPN, RN, or CNPs, we are all nurses honoring our own specialties. So regardless of the lettering that divides us, we are a special union that binds us together!

Thank all nurses for their hard work and dedication…

Enjoy what you do!! SMILE 😃. It makes everyone’s day better.

How fun I can’t wait 💕

A shout out to my favorite nurse Kendyll Lykins

A shout out for all the small things nurses do as well as the difference we make daily!

How fun 😊

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular on Community Hub