Personal Information We Collect
The type of information we collect and store depends on your activity on the vivian.com website or in our app. Here is the information we collect at various stages of use of our website and services:
You Visit Vivian.comWhen you access our website (including just browsing content), we collect certain data by automated means, including:
- Device Data: Technical data about your computer or device, like your IP address, device type, operating system type and version, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, your device's OS and other systems data.We also collect your approximate geographic location, like country, city, and approximate geographic coordinates, calculated based on your IP address.We may also allocate to you a unique browser ID by placing a cookie on your browser.
- Usage Data: Technical data about your computer or device, like your IP address, device type, operating system type and version, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, your device's OS and other systems data.We also collect your approximate geographic location, like country, city, and approximate geographic coordinates, calculated based on your IP address.We may also allocate to you a unique browser ID by placing a cookie on your browser.
The data listed above is collected through the use of server log files and tracking technologies, as detailed in the “Cookies and Data Collection Tools” section. We use this data to identify new and returning visitors, and their usage and access preferences.We also may use this information in aggregate to analyze site usage. This enables us to improve the design, content and offerings on our site, and to personalize your experience (for instance, to recognize you by name when you return to our site, to present content in the language of your browser, or to promote certain content or features to you).
If you create an account with Vivian.com, all Device Data and Usage Data will become associated with your account.
You Create a Healthcare Professional AccountIn order to use certain features (like applying for a job), you need to create a user account. When you create an account, including through a third-party platform like LinkedIn or Facebook, we collect and store any data you provide, such as:
- Account Data: When you create or update your account, we collect and store certain information like your first and last name, email address, and password. You may chose to provide us additional information like your phone number, date of birth, last four digits of your social security number, work history, references, education, certifications and other professional information you provide, as well as your account settings. We assign your account a unique identifying number.
- Social Media Sign-in: Vivian.com may enable you to create an account and log in using sign-in services such as Facebook and LinkedIn. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information from your Facebook or LinkedIn account with us. If you log in using your Facebook or LinkedIn profile, we may receive information like your name, profile picture, age information, language, email address, and friend / connections list. All such information is then added to the Account Data.
- Account Activity Data: When you are logged into your account, all your activities on Vivian.com are associated with your account, including your job applications and information you provide (such as completed skills checklists), your interactions with recruiters, potential employers, or Vivian staff, including via chat, email, SMS messages, and push notifications, and how you respond or interact with these messages. Any previous Device Data and Usage Data is also associated with your account.
You use the Vivian Mobile Application
If you are a healthcare professional, you may create and access your account via our mobile app and use our jobs platform and associated services through the app.In such case, we collect the same Account Data and associated account activity data as if you were using the vivian.com website. We will also assign your app install a unique ID and will also receive the unique identifier that is tied to your app store account ID (such as Google Play or iTunes/Appstore or Amazon Appstore).
You Use an Employer/Recruiter Account
Vivian provides its enterprise customers (“Customers”) services by connecting them to our jobs marketplace. In the course of providing such services, Vivian will receive and have access to personal information of individual users to whom Customers grant access (“Authorized Users”). For the purposes of the California Consumer Privacy Act, Customers are businesses and Vivian is a service provider.
Authorized Users may be employees or independent contractors of Customers. Customers decide which individuals are given access to Vivians services. Personal information processed by Vivian regarding Authorized Users includes the first and last name, professional email address, assigned Authorized User ID, when Authorized Users access our website, and their activities on our website while they are logged into their account, such as the candidate profiles they review, and communications with candidates and with our staff (including via chat, email, SMS messages, and push notifications). Vivian’s processing of Authorized User data is detailed in and governed by a written agreement between Vivian and each of its Customers.
Authorized Users should contact Customers (their employer) for assistance with any requests or questions relating to the processing of their personal information in connection with their use of Vivian’s services.
You Participate in a Challenge, Contest or Sweepstakes
By performing certain actions on our website or using some of our functionalities or features, you may be eligible, where indicated, to participate in a contest or in a drawing for a prize. The full terms and conditions of any such challenge, contest or sweepstakes (“Promotion”) will be set forth where the opportunity to enter the Promotion is offered. To administer a Promotion and fulfill prizes to the winners, we may collect additional information about you when you enter the promotion, or once you have become eligible for receiving a prize, such as your postal address. We may also share such information with our prize fulfillment vendors.
This Notice of Financial Incentive applies to sweepstakes and other giveaways offered by Vivian. We treat the value of personal information collected through Promotions as the equivalent of relevant expenses related to the collection and retention of such personal information. The prize and cash incentive we offer to participants of Promotions reasonably relate to the value of the additional personal information collected.
You Contact Our Support Team
You may contact our support team to report a problem or concern, or you may contact us via a “contact us” feature on our website. When you do, we collect and store your email address and the content of your message, as well as the content of any response we provide. Because email communications are not always secure, and because we tie your messages to your email address, please do not include sensitive information in your messages to us.
You Apply for a Job at Vivian Health
You may submit professional and education information about you when you submit a job application to us for working at Vivian Health. We do not combine this information with any Device Data, Usage Data or Account Data, and keep it in a separate database. This is used only to respond to your job application and to retain your information to contact you in case a future job opening corresponds to your qualifications. Vivian's internal job application system is powered by Greenhouse and so your application information is hosted and stored by Greenhouse on our behalf.
You Click on Links to Third Party Services
Vivian.com and the Vivian app may contain links to third party websites and services. These links are provided only for your convenience and you are free to use them. We do not control these third parties or their websites, and any data collected by these third parties via their websites is governed by their respective privacy policies.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
You Provide the Information Directly to Us
When you create an account or apply for a job, you provide to us your Account Data and other professional information, as explained in the You Create a Healthcare Professional Account paragraph. If you are an Authorized User of a Vivian Health Customer, the Customer created login credentials for you with your name and professional email.
Cookies and Data Collection Tools
Vivian and service providers acting on our behalf (like Google Analytics, vendors who power our chat or text message features, and advertising companies we hire to promote our website and services) use data collection tools like cookies, web beacons, tags, scripts, customized links, device or browser fingerprints and similar tracking technologies (together, “Data Collection Tools“) to gather data when you use our website, app, and services. These Data Collection Tools automatically track and collect certain Device Data and Usage Data when you use our website (See Personal Information We Collect Section ).
Cookies are small text files stored by your browser, to collect, store, and share data about your activities across websites, including on Vivian.com. Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. Some cookies are 'session cookies', meaning that they exist only while your browser is open. These are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Other cookies are 'permanent cookies', meaning that they survive after your browser is closed. They can be used by websites and advertising services to recognize you when you open your browser and browse the Internet again. Cookies can be “first party”, meaning they are served directly by us to your browser or mobile device, or “third party”, meaning they are served by either one of our vendors to provide their services to us, or by an advertising partner when we promote our services.
- Strictly Necessary: These Data Collection Tools enable you to access our website, provide basic functionality (like logging in or accessing content), secure our website, protect against fraudulent logins, and detect and prevent abuse or unauthorized use of your account. These are required for our services to work properly, so if you disable them, parts of the website will break or be unavailable.
- Functional: These Data Collection Tools remember data about your browser or device and your preferences, provide additional site functionality, customize Vivian.com content to be more relevant to you, and remember settings affecting the appearance and behavior of our site functionalities. These may be first party cookies or third party cookies from our vendors who help us with push notifications, chat messaging, and text or email messages we send to you based on your activities on our website.
- Analytics: These Data Collection Tools help us measure and improve our services by providing usage and performance data, visit counts, traffic sources. These tools can help us test different versions of Vivian.com to see which features or content users prefer and determine which email messages are opened. These may be first party cookies or third party cookies from our vendors who help us with analytics services.
- Advertising: Third parties who provide us with advertising services to promote Vivian.com and our customers' job opportunities may also place Data Collection Tools on our advertisement landing pages that enable the collection of data about your visits to and actions on our website after you clicked on our advertisements or our clients' job postings. Such information collection and use by third parties may qualify as a “sale” of personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act. For more information and how to opt out of any such “sale”, see Opt out of sharing for Interest Based Advertising.
- Social Media: Social media features that we implement on our website or within our app (like the Facebook “Like” or “Share” button) may allow the social media providers to collect your IP address and the URL of the page of the vivian.com site you are on when you use the feature via Data Collection Tools. The sharing features may also set a social media service cookie to your browser.
We Receive Information about You from Third Party Sources
Vivian may use third party services that offer access to public records of healthcare professional license verification information. When we access such services to verify a professional's license status, we may add such license status to the individual's health care professional account.
How we Use your Personal Information
We collect and process your personal information for the following purposes:
- To make our website and app function: We use personal information to facilitate our website, app, and services’ technical functioning, including recognizing you across your various mobile and desktop devices, troubleshooting and resolving issues.
- To provide our services: : We use personal information to provide and administer our jobs portal and associated services to healthcare professionals, recruiters, and employers, including processing healthcare professional requests to apply to a job, matching candidates with job offers, connecting candidates with potential employers, enabling direct communication between candidates and potential employers, promotion of certain job opportunities that may interest specific healthcare professionals, and sending personalized messages to healthcare professionals based on other jobs they have applied to or their professional skills.
- To administer our site, app, and services: We use personal information to communicate with you by onsite messaging, push notification, support chat, email, text messages or telephone, to provide updates about the status of your applications, responding to your questions, sending you administrative messages and information about our service. This may include sending you messages on behalf of employers, candidates and Vivian staff, sending notifications about changes to our services and updates to our terms of services or other applicable terms; sending messages about your account and soliciting your feedback via surveys.
- To promote our services to existing users: We use your information to send you Vivian promotional information by push notification, email or text messages, such as messages about new features and services, rewards programs, promotions, newsletters, content and other available content. We may also send you our customers job listings based on your past jobs, work experience and qualifications or past job searches you performed on our website.
- To promote our services to the general public: We promote our services and our customers job listings on third-party job boards and other third-party websites and applications. Our advertising partners may use Device Data and Usage Data to target our advertisements to you when you are visiting third party sites.
- To improve our services: We use aggregated data from our users to determine healthcare job market trends based on what content is consumed, what job searches are performed, and other aggregated site usage data. This helps us inform and improve our services to healthcare professionals and employers, and to develop new products, services, and features.
- For safety and compliance: We use System data and Usage data to secure our website and app, prevent fraud and abuse, ensure the safety or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, the public , or as otherwise required for us to comply with any applicable laws.
How Long do We Keep Your Information
Device Data and Usage Data. If you have not created an account with Vivian, we retain personal data collected about visitors of our website for as long as we have a legitimate business interest.If you have created an account with Vivian, your Device and Usage Data will be associated with your account for the entire duration of your account, and will be anonymized after you have terminated your account, meaning that your Device and Usage Data will no longer be associated with your account.
Certain actions you take showing interest in a particular Vivian product or service for health systems or agencies may be recorded and stored in our databases for a longer period of time along with your email address. In such case we retain your email information as provided below.
- Email Address: If we received your email address to promote our services to you, we retain your email address in our systems for 12 months after your last action taken upon receiving an email from us. In other words, if you ignore our emails for 12 months, we then automatically delete your email address from our systems.
- Health Professional Account Data: We retain all information associated with your account for 60 days after your account is terminated, unless you instruct us otherwise, after which your account activity data remains but is anonymized and no longer tied to your name or email address or any other information that may identify you.
- Employer/Recruiter account data: We retain information linked to employer/recruiter accounts only for the duration of our contracts with our Customers, or as otherwise provided in such contracts, after which the employer/recruiter account activity data remains but is anonymized and no longer tied to a name or email address or any other information that may identify the end-user of the account.
- Support Communications and Job application information: Information we receive when you contact us (e.g. message to our service desk, support message, job application, visit our office) is also retained for as long as we have a business need to retain such information, including to create and analyze statistics on inbound contacts, recording our responses to legal requests and security purposes.
With Whom and Why we Share your Personal Information
We do not sell, rent, nor loan your personal information to anybody except that certain third party Data Collection Tools may be used by our advertising partners to target ads to you based on your activities on Vivian.com. We share information under certain circumstances with specific third-parties as listed below, or as otherwise specifically instructed by you.
Recruiters or Potential Employers
Upon the instruction of healthcare professionals, or when they apply for a job, we share their personal information with the recruiter or potential employer, so they can consider the application. This information may include the healthcare professional's contact information, professional experience, professional credentials and other related information.
Vivian's Service Providers
We share user data with third-party companies who perform services on our behalf, like hosting, fraud and abuse prevention, data analysis, push notification, chat, email and text messaging services, including for the creation of email target lists for various promotional messages, the dispatch of promotional and informational messages, analysis of actions you take upon receiving messages, and the management of unsubscribe requests and our email sunset policy. We also use vendors to administer surveys who may receive or collect certain information about you if you participate in a survey. We also use vendors to manage our CRM and marketing databases that include prospect and customer contact information as well as details of communications with them. CRM data is hosted in databases controlled by us and hosted by our vendor. These service providers may access and use your personal data solely as we direct, to provide our requested service.
Vivian's Advertising Partners
We use third party advertising services to promote our services and our customer’s jobs. We implement on our website certain code provided by our advertising partners (such as a tag, pixel or beacon) that enable them to collect your personal information via Data Collection Tools. These services use their own Data Collection Tools to target advertisements to you based on your activities on Vivian.com and on other websites. The ad targeting to you can be based on your recent activity or activity over time and across multiple sites and services. Such information collection and use by third parties may qualify as a “sale” of personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act. For more information and how to opt out of any such “sale”, see Opt Out of Sharing for Interest Based Advertising.
Event Participants and Sponsors
When we organize online or live events, we may share your contact information, company and job title with speakers and presenters of event sessions, and with event sponsors. Such information may also be shared with other participants through attendee lists. We may use a third party platform or application to manage our events. Such platforms or apps allow event participants to opt-in to event attendee lists and messaging features. Other attendees may view the profile or contact information you provide.
Social Media Services
For Security and Legal Compliance
We may disclose your data to third parties if we (in our sole discretion) have a good faith belief that the disclosure is:
- Required by law, requested as part of a judicial, governmental, or legal inquiry, order, or proceeding or reasonably necessary as part of a valid subpoena, warrant, or other legally-valid request;
- Required to detect, prevent, or address fraud, abuse, misuse, potential violations of law (or rule or regulation), or security or technical issues;
- Reasonably necessary in our discretion to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property, or safety of our users, customers, employees, or members of the public, or the security of our website and operations.
During a Change in Control
If Vivian is part of a business transaction like a merger, acquisition, corporate divestiture, or dissolution (including bankruptcy), or a sale of all or some of its assets, we may share, disclose, or transfer all of your data to the acquiring or successor organization (including prior to the transaction for due diligence purposes).
Your Privacy Rights and Choices
You have rights and choices regarding our collection and use of your personal information, as well as the collection and use of some of our third party partners. These are detailed below.
Unsubscribing From our Emails
We may use your email address to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you.If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may opt out of receiving any or all emails from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided at the bottom of any email we send. You may also contact us at [email protected] to make an email unsubscribe request.After we receive your request, please allow up to ten business days for us to complete your request, during which you may still receive some emails from us.
Please note that third party advertisers that maintain their own mailing lists may send communications that advertise our products or services; and you may need to contact those parties directly in order to stop receiving their email communications.
You may receive text messages from us, recruiting agencies, potential employers, or third parties we use to make our services available to you. These text messages are necessary in order to deliver our services to our customers and health care professionals. If you agree to use our job platform, you agree to receive these text messages. You may opt-out of receiving certain text messages by texting "STOP" in response to a message. Note that if you opt-out of receiving certain messages, you may continue to receive other text messages from us. If you need any assistance, text "HELP" in response to the message. You may also contact us at [email protected] to update the communication preference settings of your account. Note however that recruiters may still contact you via SMS.
Terminating your Account
If you are accessing our services through an employer or recruiter account, you should request the termination of your account via your employer who has a contract with Vivian.
- Network Advertising Initiative (http://www.networkadvertising.org/)
- Digital Advertising Alliance (http://www.aboutads.info/consumers)
- Your Online Choices (http://www.youronlinechoices.com/)
You may opt out of tracking and receiving tailored advertisements on your mobile device by some mobile advertising companies and other similar entities by downloading the App Choices app at https://youradchoices.com/appchoices .In addition, third party tools enable you to search for and opt-out of some of these devices, such as the Ghostery browser plug-in available at https://www.ghostery.com/.
Do Not Track (DNT) is an optional browser setting that allows you to express your preferences regarding tracking by advertisers and other third-parties. However, we do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT.
California Residents: Opting out of sharing for Interest Based Advertising (“Do Not Sell”) and Other Rights
Users who are California residents have certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, (“CCPA”):
- “Right to Know” — You have the right to request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you and access a copy of your personal information.
- “Right to Deletion” — You have the right to request deletion of personal information that we have collected about you.
- “Right to Non-Discrimination” — Vivian will not penalize you in any way for exercising your rights under CCPA.
To exercise any of these rights under CCPA, contact us at [email protected] or write to us at 150 Spear Street, Suite 725, San Francisco CA 94105. CCPA allows you to designate an authorized agent to make these requests on your behalf. For your protection, we may require that the request be sent through the email address associated with your account, and we may need to verify you and/or your agent's identity before fulfilling your request.
This function is not activated if you do not have a California IP address. If the button is not active, please try again from a California location.
As a California resident, you also have the right to request certain details about what personal information we share with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To submit your request, contact us at [email protected] or write to us at 150 Spear Street, Suite 725, San Francisco CA 94105, with the phrase “California Shine the Light” and include your mailing address, state of residence (California), and email address.
Vivian does not sell its users’ personal information or personal data as selling is defined by Nevada law. Nonetheless, Nevada residents have the right to submit a request that we do not sell your covered personal information, which you can do by contact us at [email protected] or write to us at 150 Spear Street, Suite 725, San Francisco CA 94105.
Security of Your Personal Information
Vivian takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information.We have different security measures based on the type and sensitivity of the personal data we collect and store.Unfortunately, no system can be 100% secured, and we cannot guarantee that all data we store and all communications between you and others via the Vivian.com platform will never be accessed by an unauthorized person.
The login credentials of your account, specifically your account password, is an important part of our security system, and it is your responsibility to protect it. You should not share your password with anyone, and if you believe your password or account has been compromised, you should change it immediately and contact us at [email protected] to let us know.
The vivian.com website and the Vivian app are owned and operated by Vivian Health, Inc. To contact us with any question or request about our collection, use and sharing of your information, email us at [email protected] or write to us at 150 Spear Street, Suite 725, San Francisco CA 94105.