Travel Labor and Delivery Nurse$2,458/week
Iowa City, IA
Supplemental Health Care
- Start DateASAP
- Duration13 weeks
As one of the largest Healthcare jobs placement agencies in the U.S., Supplemental Health Care has been partnering with RNs for more than 30 years. We’re now seeking Labor and Delivery Registered Nurses for openings at a hospital in Iowa City, Iowa. Our goal is to help open a range of options for our nurses so they can choose the assignments that fit their goals and lifestyle best.
Labor and Delivery RN Contract Details:
- $2,304 - $2,458 per week
- 13-week contract with possibility to extend
- Meet with expectant mothers for prenatal visits and care for both normal and problematic pregnancies
- Coaching women, assisting with any complications and administering medications during birth
- Monitor fetal heartbeat and contractions during labor
- Provide guidance to new mothers on all aspects of recovery and infant care - Travel pay packages including housing and meals allowance are available
If you'd like more detail on these Labor and Delivery RN assignments or are ready to get started with the placement process, please apply online now. Our team is standing by to respond as quickly as possible.
Supplemental Health Care offers a wide variety of industry-leading benefits including:
- Full medical, dental, vision, life, and even pet insurance to provide you with the coverage you need whenever you need it.
- Round the clock support. No matter where you are or what time it is, Supplemental Health Care is standing by.
- Our Share the Care program is the most dynamic, profitable referral program in the industry. To learn more about Share the Care, check out shccares.com/referrals.
- SHC offers a 401k Retirement Savings Program to both full-time and part-time employees with company matching and a wide range of investment options.
- Discounted and free online access to CEU courses through Supplemental University. Through our online CEU options, you have access to the courses you need on your schedule.
- Current Iowa Nursing License
- American Heart Association BLS
- NRP or NALS
- 1-2 years of recent relevant nursing experience
- AWHONN and STABLE preferred
Supplemental Health Care will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state, or federal law. For this type of employment, Kentucky state law requires a criminal record check as a condition of employment.
Supplemental Health Care
7 nurses found this helpful
As recipients of the Best in Staffing Awards for both Client and Talent, Supplemental Health Care is proud to be among only 2% of staffing companies singled out for the distinction based on the real feedback of our employees and the clients we serve. SHC has also earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval and is named among the Largest Health Care Staffing companies in the United States by Staffing Industry Analysts.
We are also thrilled to recognize our very own SLP, Dr. Kelly Byrd as the American Staffing Association 2024 National Staffing Employee of the Year and Health Care Sector All-Star. We’re honored to connect Dr. Byrd to employment, share her incredible story, and support her family literacy nonprofit.
For everyone that we serve, SHC is the place where caring hearts thrive.
About Iowa City, IAAs a travel nurse in Iowa City, IA here's what you should know:
- Slightly lower than the national average, making it an affordable place to live.
- Wages generally match up well with the cost of living.
- Average summer highs of 84°F and winter lows of 14°F.
- Expect warm summers and cold winters.
- Short-term rentals are available and relatively easy to find, especially near the university.
- Car-friendly city with ample parking.
- Limited public transportation options, but the compact size makes it bike-friendly.
- Diverse population with a mix of age ranges.
- Common health issues include allergies, respiratory conditions, and obesity.
- Iowa City has a large population of travel nurses due to the presence of the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.
- Plenty of restaurants offering diverse cuisines, vibrant art and music scene, college sports events, and numerous outdoor activities including hiking, biking, and water sports near the Iowa River.